C++17 is feature complete

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 08:49:20 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 15:43:03 UTC, luminousone wrote:
> Modern C++ is a train-wreck, I don't think we should consider D
> features around the flaws of another language.

RAII is the same in C++, but actually better supported in C++ atm.

> Luckily we don't have to code with the worry of labyrinth like
> namespaces so deep and bloated that the language needs a
> special keyword to let the compiler know that the following
> blobby mass is a typename.

Namespaces tend to be shallow, not deep. "typename" is a syntax
compatibility issue, not a namespace issue. I don't think I
understand your argument?

But if D keeps adding syntactical sugar and many ways of doing
the same thing like C++, it will end up in the same bloated spot
with no hope of recovery.