Where is the D deep learning library?

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 11:01:54 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 15:31:07 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> Well I get the manpower thing, everything we do is quite
> labour-intensive. I'm just curious nobody started such an
> effort (but there was with DlangScience, gamedev, web...).

D doesn't even have the building blocks in D code. Ndslice and
the upcoming BLAS in D are nessesary steps if we want a idiomatic
D machine learning library. And that's just the foundational work.

> You don't need to match the manpower and stability of the
> established solution to make something useful. Perhaps there
> could be something distinctive enough to make it attractive?

Unfortunately, academics (who are usually the target audience for
these libraries) are very set in their ways. You'll need
something that surpasses the functionality of the current
solutions and is just as easy to use in order for it to catch on
:/