C++17 is feature complete

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 11:58:25 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 18:23:11 UTC, default0 wrote:
> Regarding C++ I found this to be a fun read:
> http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/ :-)

A lot of it makes sense... C++ is what happens when you evolve,
evolve, evolve and evolve a language from a starting-point that
was not a high level language, desperately trying to hone it into
high level shoes... Those shoes will never fit perfectly,
obviously.

It gets even more expansive when you add inn compiler extensions.
For instance gcc/clang simd extensions is basically taking in
parts of OpenCL into C++. In order to figure out how they work
you have to read the OpenCL spec... I only found out today that I
can do "simd.even" and "simd.odd" to get even and odd elements
from a simd register in Clang... after implementing it manually
first. ;-/