C++17 is feature complete

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 29 12:56:52 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 at 16:38:07 UTC, Enamex wrote:
> That's what I said. They're not in the C++17 spec but we won't
> be waiting for C++Next for them, hopefully.

Grafting a meaningful module system on top of a 40 years old
language is full of pitfalls and making the wrong choice would be
a disaster, so I would not expect to see it production in another
3+ years...

But I don't really have performance issues related to include
files. It is more of an annoyance, but you can work around it by
being careful about what you include and how you structure your
files (break frequently shared stuff into separate files).

What I do like about where C++ is heading is that they have set
up a study group for game programmers and low latency programming
(SG14).

D should do the same. :-P