D Vulkan API

karabuta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 1 08:37:27 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 1 March 2016 at 11:33:26 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> So i've spent the last few days making more D feeling bindings
> for vulkan, based off Satoshi's because going strait  from the
> spec was a PITA and very inconsistent, and they're almost done.
>
> I would like to request some feedback on the code itself as
> well as the generated code and general feel of the interface
> for a an article/blog post on meta-programming and text
> processing in D. (I know I should replace most of those c-style
> for loops with join(er),but some of the ones dealing with
> arrays are quite complicated, and I really ought to factor out
> a lot of code). Also I just realised that all the extension
> functions will have to be called through obtained function
> pointers.

Just one non-technical thing, the module naming does not follow
the D style. This is common is some few projects and makes things
inconsistent :)

*** Modules
     Module and package names should be all lowercase, and only
contain the characters [a..z][0..9][_]. This avoids problems when
dealing with case-insensitive file systems. ***