GSoC 2016 "GDC Project - The GNU D Compiler" project

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 3 15:39:35 PST 2016

On Thursday, 3 March 2016 at 03:22:02 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 03/02/2016 05:38 PM, tsbockman wrote:
>> Once you've familiarized yourself with the basics of using D,
>> you can
>> read this:
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor
>> To help you get started contributing.
>
> I see each section in that document is still broken down by OS,
> instead of the entire document being broken down by OS, in
> spite of my repeated demands that that be changed.

Somehow I doubt that "demands" will get you very far on an
volunteer project...

Also, of the eleven sections listed under "Contents", only two
are broken down by OS. For the other nine, the content is shared
across all platforms.

I don't think your proposed re-org actually makes sense. This is
likely part of why no one has done it for you yet.