Pitching D to a gang of Gophers

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 12 00:09:41 PST 2016

On 05-Mar-2016 14:05, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I'm having an opportunity to do a small tech-talk on things D in a
> eCommerce shop that is currently sold on Go (migrating to SOA from PHP
> monolith). I do not intend that to become Go vs D battle but it gives
> the context.

The talk went better then I would expect with lots of good questions.
Compile-time features generated the most favorable discussion.

Obligatory slides:
http://slides.com/dmitryolshansky/deck/fullscreen/

std.concurrency working only with threads and lack of better integration
of fibers in std is our weak spot as prompted by further questions.

--
Dmitry Olshansky