the most D-ish GUI library

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 16 03:35:21 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 07:50:48 UTC, Saša Janiška wrote:
> Jordi Sayol via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> writes:
>
>> TkD works on Linux.
>
> Have you used it and/or what would be some prp/cons vs GtkD?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

I'm the author of Tkd and it depends on your need to which
library to use.

Tkd is truly cross-platform (Linux, Mac and Windows), very simple
to understand and 'just works' with very little effort but it's
not very modern. So I think Tkd is useful for rapid prototyping
and creating easily maintainable internal tools, etc.

Gtk-d is more of a robust, industry strength, modern library but
suffers from poor documentation and can get quite complicated to
use.

Dlangui looks good but is in early development and not quite
finished.

Personally, I'd use Tkd for quick and nasty stuff and Gtk-d for
real commercial applications.