Up-to-date DIPs list

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 17 03:11:14 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 03:58:49 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 March 2016 at 16:26:02 UTC, Martin
> Tschierschke wrote:
>

>> I think there should be the possibility to up-vote a post in
>> the forum,
>> so that it gets more clear what topics are of high interest and
>> which not. Even if no additional comment is made.
>>
>> So very useful threads can be found and used as information
>> starting point even if
>> they get out of focus by time. Posts with high ranking, can be
>> detected and used to optimize the general language
>> documentation. And DIP discussions.
>
> This is not an independent forum. It's a web interface to a
> newsgroup server, which also has a mailing list interface that
> many people use. Yes, it would be possible to implement
> something like that for the web interface alone, but I don't
> see how that would add any value.

The forum is sorted by time, latest first.
But what if you are new to the language? Like me.
Which threads are worth reading even if they are older?
Or if a discussion is going on since many month/years do I have
to read all?
What are the best arguments?

Isn't the forum full of hints and best practice tips which should
be available easier?
Keeping it in the way it is in the moment, makes it difficult to
find the treasures
inside.

But you need both, the possibility to vote and an overview of
threads and post with
highest votes.

Best regards mt.