How are you enjoying DConf? And where to go next?

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 8 14:56:16 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 19:39:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/8/16 6:47 PM, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
>> As for location: I attended CodeConf Hong Kong last November,
>> hosted at
>> Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. It was a great
>> venue and
>> they're very open to hosting similar events! Show Asia some
>> love! I'll
>> chase down the responsible people.
>
> Great idea, please do. Thanks! -- Andrei

Observing this thread for a while it seems that everyone wants
the future dconf close to  his/her home country/state which is
pretty understandable.

So I just throw a solution in here that could make more people
happy - how about a Dconf US and a Dconf Europe? Seems like the D
community is getting big enough.
They could be six-month separated.

Btw in general we should learn from the Js/Python community and
encourage people to organize more D meet-ups, hackathons and
small conferences ;-)
Maybe the upcoming D Foundation could help to push that?