Github names & avatars

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 10:02:20 PDT 2016

I'll ask again that the active Github users use their own name, and add to that
if you could have a selfie as your github image.

It avoids when people who post as "Fred" on the newsgroup submit PRs as
"HorseWrangler" and get annoyed when I don't realize they are the same person,
and then I overlook them at the conference because I have no idea what they look
like.

In today's surveillance state, the government already knows your name and what
you look like, so being anonymous on github is a bit pointless, as if anyone
cares that you are interested in D. I can understand if you're a celebrity or
want nobody to know you're a dog, but that doesn't apply to most of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you%27re_a_dog