ISO/IEC standard?

Rusty via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 14:18:09 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 15 May 2016 at 14:27:21 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> Open is not a scale it is a Boolean. A language is either open
> or not

I'm not talking about "open" as in FOSS reference implementation.
Rather, If I want to add a feature to the language, what are my
chances of ever succeeding?
In case of C++, if a feature is really useful and gains traction
among the users, there is the chance that national bodies will
move and (over the course of a decade) it'll make it into the
standard.
In case of Swift - forget about it.
In case of D, I really don't know how much
corporate/political/personal influence is involved. There is
always some, to some degree, but how much - is the question.

Why do people feel it is risky to develop a large project in D
but not in C++?

Is there a roadmap or any kind of long-term plan?