Discuss vulkan erupted, the other auto-generated vulkan binding

Manuel König via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 18 06:26:14 PDT 2016

On, 18 May 2016 04:51:10 +0000,
ParticlePeter <ParticlePeter at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Sounds reasonable, picking a subconfig is definitely easier to
> > use and implement. I was looking into that too, the only
> > nitpicking I have is that it sounded like you can't select
> > multiple subconfigurations. So for corner cases like having
> > your app support xcb and xlib, a new subconfig has to be added.
> > But I'll have to try that for myself.
>
> Actually that's a good point, I had also some trouble with this
> behavior as well already. Do you have any suggestions to solve
> that?
> One way would be using glfw3 or some other platform abstraction
> layer and not using platform versions yourself.

I think I will use glfw3 later. I don't know if the original problem
of using multiple configurations (xcb, xlib, glfw3, ...) is possible
with only dub's internal logic. I tried putting this in my
"vulkantest" packages' dub.json

"subConfigurations":
{
	"erupted": "with-derelict-loader",
	"erupted": "normal"
}

just for testing, and dub told me

Could not resolve configuration for package vulkantest

So I thinnk multiple subconfigurations are not supported.
I think the options are
- add ability to dub to allow multiple subconfigurations
- tinker with dub's pre/postGenerateCommands, pre/postBuildCommands

But I think sticking with the simple one-config-per-backend solution
is enough. This is more a problem of finding the right balance of an
easy to use build tool, and having full control over the build process,
and should rather be discussed in a dub thread.