Split general into multiple threads

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 10:45:59 PDT 2016

On 05/26/2016 07:07 PM, Seb wrote:
> Proposed categories:
>
> - DMD
> - DRuntime
> - Phobos

Already there, but not used a lot. Druntime and Phobos are just being
spammed by GitHub.

I suggest combining the three into one Development group that also
covers dlang.org, official tools, etc. Switch the GitHub thing off, and
tell people to use it instead of General for everything that touches on
code in the dlang repositories.

Enforcing the use of that group (or the three that are there already)
would reduce the traffic in General by a good amount.

> - Language design (or Idea pool)

Sure.

> - D Foundation + resources

Does the foundation really need its own channel, yet? I don't see many
threads about it.

What does "resources" mean?

I think this can stay in General/Other for now.

> - Events

What would be posted there? Announcements of events should go in
Announce. I think this can stay in General/Other, too.