Split general into multiple threads

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 15:00:14 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 21:51:51 UTC, qznc wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 17:07:54 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> I think we all agree that general is having to much traffic
>> and according to CyberShadow [1] this again is just an
>> approval issue, however I expect this a bit controversial, so
>> please no OT! Only other category proposals.
>
> How about a "Show Off" category, which is something like a
> "lesser Announce"? When I submitted my first project to the dub
> repo, I would have liked to show it to some people. However, it
> is not important enough for Announce. It does not really fit
> Learn either.
> Some stuff from Announce should probably go there. It would
> probably not help to reduce traffic in General.

How about "Broadcast" instead of "Show off"?
And rename Announce to "Official announce", s.t. it's clear that
annouce is really low-traffic and can be used for outsiders that
just want to be regularily pinged for important stuff (dconf
registration, new release, ...).

(Btw another idea of is to help & guide people how to promote
their project. See this issue for details:
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues/69)