Split general into multiple threads

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 02:47:08 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 21:45:56 UTC, Seb wrote:

> 1) Afaik the LDC community moved over to Gitter/Github for most
> of their communication and I guess for them just Annouce or
> Develop would be fine.

I think the LDC forum has its purpose, and I do not want it gone!
Traffic is low, but that's just fine.
Not everybody is on Gitter, and Gitter is only used for quick
non-semi-permanent discussion.
Without the forum, you would have to create a Github issue to
discuss something even if it is not really an issue that needs
resolving, only members of the LDC github group would see it, etc.

-Johan