Split general into multiple threads

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 07:08:35 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 09:47:08 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 21:45:56 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>
>> 1) Afaik the LDC community moved over to Gitter/Github for
>> most of their communication and I guess for them just Annouce
>> or Develop would be fine.
>
> I think the LDC forum has its purpose, and I do not want it
> gone! Traffic is low, but that's just fine.
> Not everybody is on Gitter, and Gitter is only used for quick
> non-semi-permanent discussion.
> Without the forum, you would have to create a Github issue to
> discuss something even if it is not really an issue that needs
> resolving, only members of the LDC github group would see it,
> etc.

The idea is to merge ldc threads into Core.  You could use a
[LDC] label in the topic to differentiate ldc-specific posts, and
since there's not much traffic in the dedicated ldc forum, it
wouldn't add too much to Core.  It might even give ldc greater
visibility by the core team.

I think gdc should do the same, but they have some automated bot
that cross-posts comments from their bugzilla, so they may want
to keep their own forum if they want to keep doing that.