Copyright for Phobos to D Foundation

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 28 10:50:46 PDT 2016

One thing that confused me a lot in the beginning, is that every
Phobos module has it's own copyright - I am not a lawyer, but it
sounded for me pretty weird that in theory I could get sued by a
lot of Oracle-like patent trolls.
I imagine the same effect also for companies when they read a
different copyright on every module in Phobos.

Now that D foundation finally got its own page [1], it's probably
time to start this dicussion.
Is it safe to assume that the entire Phobos source code (except
for the external C modules), belongs to the D foundation?

Ping @WalterBright, @andralex & people with legal experience.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1311