CTFE Status

Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 4 03:56:01 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 at 16:35:08 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 November 2016 at 15:44:20 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 November 2016 at 17:41:35 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>>> I intend to keep the current implemntation around as a
>>> fallback.
>>> For things that are used rarely.
>>> like floating point and others :)
>>
>> Is that a good idea? It means that there will be tons of
>> really complex code that is rarely if ever used and therefore
>> gets no testing...
>
> Passing the whole test-suite is as good as it gets.

But for operations that your new engine supports, the test-suite
will not normally test the old engine, right? Except in certain
edge cases where that the new engine happens not to support, so
it falls back to the old one. But these edge cases are probably
not well-defined and hard to test exhaustively...