I close DIP27. I won't be pursuing DIPs anymore

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 17 02:32:26 PDT 2016

On Monday, October 17, 2016 01:29:27 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 10/17/2016 12:58 AM, Joakim wrote:
> > I hope we can set up some kind of DIP review process where Mihails and
> > other well-known community members, like Jonathan, Timon, Steven, or
> > Amaury himself, can whip DIPs into shape before Walter and Andrei have to
> > spend their valuable time reviewing them.
>
> That process is what Mihails is in charge of. It's a difficult and thankless
> job, as it attracts criticism from all sides. We are lucky that Mihails has
> taken on the challenge. He has my full confidence and support.

Yeah. The DIP process hasn't worked very well overall, and many of the
complaints about it are justfied, but what Dicebot has been up to is the
attempt to fix that, and while the process still needs work, it has already
improved the situation considerably. So, in that respect, now is a really
weird time to be complaining about how horrible the DIP process is, since
something is actually being done about it right now.

- Jonathan M Davis