I close DIP27. I won't be pursuing DIPs anymore

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 17 07:25:39 PDT 2016

On Monday, 17 October 2016 at 13:02:20 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I would say the better attitude to have is that you may not
> expect results to always go your way, and put out your best
> effort. If it doesn't work, that's the way it is, move on to
> something more interesting and/or satisfying.

Also, consider the creator of C++'s recent 0/3 track record of
getting his proposals into C++17:

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/195226/#msg938814

I was surprised that even his scaled-back UFCS proposal didn't
get in:

https://isocpp.org/blog/2016/02/a-bit-of-background-for-the-unified-call-proposal

Note the comments after the OP there: he wants full UFCS but will
settle for at least one-way.  I guess even that didn't get in.