[OT] Re: Binding rvalues to const ref in D

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 20 09:50:08 PDT 2016

> Yes, it does work. However, one thing that I *sorely* miss is the
> ability to simply bind an individual value.
>
> At the moment, in order to bind a value, you have to pass an array of
> Variant for all the values. I currently have a whole wrapper around this
> library to make it more palatable, and to fix the lifetime issues.

You can't bind individual values? Is there something wrong with
"bindParameter(value, paramIndex)"? (I mean, besides the fact that it
takes a ref, and, like the rest of the lib, isn't really documented
anywhere outside of the code itself.)

I do agree though, mysql-native *definitely* needs an API refresh. (In
fact, I just happened to post several issues regarding that yesterday,
and another person posted one as well. I want to take care of this ASAP,
especially b/c it makes sense to do so before fixing the near-total lack
of docs, which is already in desperate need of addressing.)

Since you've found the need to wrap the API, would you mind taking a
look through the current list of issues I've tagged "api" (although I
see several of them are yours), and post any thoughts or add any
additional issues you might have? I'd like to address these things ASAP,
and input from people who use the lib and have issues with the API would
be highly valuable:

https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/issues