Travis CI spurious failures

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 4 07:46:56 PDT 2016

I'm getting emails about Travis CI builds failing, even for changes that
clearly cause no breakage (e.g.
https://travis-ci.org/dlang/dmd/builds/157445381).

After a few of those, what I feared will happen has happened: I
effectively treat all similar messages as noise I just delete from
Inbox. This reflects our experience at Facebook Engineering, where
spurious failures invariably led to apathy in minding the legit one. I
recall there's been an explicit effort to weed all spurious failure out.

Can we do the same? How can we make sure that a Travis failure always is
legit and needs action?

Thanks,

Andrei