Mir GLAS vs Intel MKL: which is faster?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 26 05:20:25 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:32:20 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
wrote:
> Updated:
> Mir is LLVM-Accelerated Generic Numerical Library for Science
> and Machine Learning. It requires LDC (LLVM D Compiler) for
> compilation. Mir GLAS (Generic Linear Algebra Subprograms) has
> a single generic kernel for all CPU targets, all floating point
> types, and all complex types. It is written completely in D,
> without any assembler blocks. In addition, Mir GLAS Level 3
> kernels are not unrolled and produce tiny binary code, so they
> put less pressure on the instruction cache in large
> applications.

Hmmm, I was thinking more along the lines of just describing
(very briefly) what features of LLVM Mir GLAS relies on.  But I
think this might run the risk of endless re-revision.

One minor tweak:

"Mir is LLVM-Accelerated Generic Numerical Library" -> "Mir is an
LLVM-Accelerated Generic Numerical Library"