Walter and Andrei and community relationship management

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 11:04:25 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 13:20:58 UTC, HaraldZealot wrote:

> I hope that D community find its good way to interoperate and
> hence survive.

Just to clarify, I'm not sure that the current process is broken.
As Ken Thompson has said of C++: "It certainly has its good
points. But by and large I think it’s a bad language. It does a
lot of things half well and it’s just a garbage heap of ideas
that are mutually exclusive." The current process does protect D
from going down that road, AFAICT. This might upset some
individuals, but the alternative, where the community designs the
language, could very well be worse.