Walter and Andrei and community relationship management

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 02:11:56 PDT 2017

On 4/14/2017 11:08 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>> Keep in mind that other languages, such as C++, will not even look at
>> any proposals that are not detailed and complete.
>
> While nothing there is perfect, I don't agree with that point. Language changes
> are being proposed on the mailing list all the time. Many of them are very very
> very *very* far from being complete, and a discussion is what happens next. Very
> few of those ideas actually make it into proposals.
>
> I'm not saying that the C++ way is perfect, or even necessarily better. Just
> that your point of comparison is stating incorrect facts.

When the C++ Committee meets, they go over and formally respond to submitted
proposals only. Not mailing list discussions, and the Committee does not
transform mailing list discussions into formal proposals. (Individual members
might do so as self-selected champions, but that is not Committee work.)

In no way have I shut down discussion of any ideas on this n.g. You and anyone
else is free to continue working on deadalnix's ideas, and collaborate here on
the n.g. I have already posted replies to deadalnix in this n.g. pointing out
where further work is needed.