What are we going to do about mobile?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 08:11:08 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 15 April 2017 at 09:52:49 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 April 2017 at 09:39:05 UTC, kinke wrote:
>>
>> What LDC would primarily need is a CI platform supporting ARM
>> (and ideally AArch64) in order to make it a true first-class
>> target. We don't know of a free CI platform, so ARM isn't
>> tested automatically, and it's currently mostly up to poor you
>> to check for regressions. ;(
>
> I bought a Pi3 and was planning to use it as tester for LDC.
> But so far, I've only spent time to build LDC on it and run the
> tests once.
>
> Kai worked on setting up a buildbot infrastructure that we can
> use for automated testing, but the full integration with Github
> was still a work-in-progress I think. Would have to ask Kai if
> that's the current status.
> I'd be happy to use the Pi3 as permanent tester, if the risks
> of a hacker intruding my home network are manageable ;-)
>
> cheers,
>   Johan

Not sure how much memory ldc takes to build.  If it would be
helpful for ARM I could contribute a couple of servers on
scaleway or similar.  I get a lot of value from LDC and would
like to be able to have mature platform for android ARM too, so
happy to contribute some small thing back.   Android servers also
interesting longer term, though I couldn't yet find anything
interesting vs what's available on Intel.  (I rent bare metal
fairly beefy servers from  OVH). Just let me know if it would be
helpful.

Gitlab has test runners built in, at least for enterprise version
(which is not particularly expensive) and we have been happy with
that.

Laeeth