Compare boost::hana to D

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 19 04:36:47 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 10:58:06 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> One last thing.  D is a pretty good language for getting stuff
> done quickly in for a prototype that can be cleaned up quickly.
> That's a point Andy Smith made, and that Liran made in his talk
> also.  I am having to deal with that increasingly now.  I would
> certainly much rather turn a D prototype written by a trader
> into production than a python one - lets not speak of Matlab!
> This aspect is mentioned on website but should be hammered home
> - it's a practical language for getting started stuff done fast
>  without leaving a mess.

This is a point that keeps coming up, but it is hard to market
without people either trying the language or user testimonials.
Would you be able to write up a blog post about this, perhaps
along with your D collaborators to fish out some concrete
examples from your collective experience, maybe for the D blog?

We tend to focus more on the technical side for the D blog, would
be nice to have a post from this development perspective.