DMD VS2017 Support

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 21 19:13:09 PDT 2017

On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 14:37:40 UTC, NotSpooky wrote:

> I'd be very nice if instead of offering to install VS, it
> offered the build tools. Also mentioning which installations
> are compatible so that the user can select the one he/she
> prefers.
>
> A lot of people are confused with this.

There's no issue with compatibility. DMD is perfectly compatible
with all recent versions of VS, including 2017. The issue is that
2017 has changed its directory tree and the DMD *installer* can't
pick it up automatically. Now that the breakage is known, the
next the installer will be updated and the next (hopefully) DMD
release will include it.