ASCII-ART mandelbrot running under newCTFE

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 4 15:50:03 PDT 2017

Hey Guys,
I just trans-compiled a brainfuck mandelbrot into ctfeable D.
newCTFE is able to execute it correctly (although it takes 3.5
minutes to do so).

The code is here
https://gist.github.com/UplinkCoder/d4e4426e6adf9434e34529e8e1f8cb47

The gist it evaluates the function at runtime since the newCTFE
version capable of running this, is not yet available as a
preview release.

If you want a laugh you can compile the code with ldc and -Oz
flag set.
LLVM will detect that the function is pure and will try to
constant-fold it.
I do not know how long this takes though since my patience is
limited.

Cheers,
Stefan