Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 6 09:17:01 PDT 2017

And a splendid job Francis is doing. I should be contributing more, but till
October, little chance of that.

The project could do with more people working on it. You'll get practice using
Kotlin, which is the native code language that will be competing with Go and
Rust next year!

All programming languages have a number of niche IDE, but when it comes down
to it, traction of a language is really determined by the support in Visual
Studio, Eclipse, and IntelliJ IDEA. cf. Go, Rust, Kotlin. Clearly, on proper
analysis, this is a correlation rather than a causation, but it is all
intimately related. D needs the IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and Visual Studio
plugins.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk