Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 6 12:15:59 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 16:10:05 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 14:05:31 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> Then Windows users need to start contributing. Good or bad,
>> this is not a company deciding how to allocate developer time,
>> it is a volunteer organization. I see a lot of posts of the
>> form "this isn't what group X expects". The response will
>> never be "okay, we'll put a couple of guys on it".
>
> anwered few posts above
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/jzoqudtirjrjdutlabfp@forum.dlang.org

Your claim to have limited D skills doesn't prevent you from
writing a blog post detailing the things that are missing for
Windows development and showing how other languages deal with
them. A lot of work with tooling doesn't require D skills for
that matter (for instance, Eclipse plugins are not written in D
AFAIK). You can ask the current tool developers how to help,
report bugs, make suggestions, fix small bugs,.... The least
effective thing to do is to post on the forum that the tools
aren't good enough.