D build and SCons [was Answers needed from those using D for Web Development, Web APIs and Services]

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Dec 24 13:27:08 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 24 December 2017 at 12:09:56 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am not a fan of Dub as a build system, but it appears to be
> the accepted standard, or in my view sub-standard. (Trying to
> develop GtkD code with Dub is a pain in the ####.)
>
> Should the community push to ditch Make, CMake, SCons, Dub and
> use
> Reggae (and hence Tup or Ninja)?

I like SCons. Do any of the others have advantages over SCons?

The Python dependency IME does complicate things because it's not
trivial to get it working on Windows. It's been too long to
remember specifics, but it was an adventure, and if I've got a
working D installation, why am I messing around with Python?