What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

Satoshi satoshi at rikarin.org
Fri Dec 29 13:29:34 UTC 2017

On Friday, 29 December 2017 at 07:53:51 UTC, IM wrote:
> I will start:
>
>    -- Better compiler errors, better compiler errors, better
> compiler errors.
>

> I really wish that the compiler errors could receive some
> refinement. Mostly it feels like some error text just being
> thrown at me. It needs to be better formatted, more helpful,
> with suggestions about how to fix (if possible).
>
> To illustrate my point:
>
> - See the compile errors I've just encountered with DMD:
> https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H0q609l.png
>
> - Now compare that with an error produced by rustc:
> https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H0q6bLi.png
>

> Simple things like these make a big difference. D Lang has been
> around for a long while now, and hence signs of its maturity
> has to show everywhere, especially in the compiler, as well as
> the package manager.

This topic was there for so many times.
Tuples, async/await, maybe monad (eg. int?), conditional
dereferencing qualifier?.identifier, coalescence operator return
x ?? 42;
better properties, default safety, explicit throw funcs, runtime
reflection, ARC instead of GC, so support, ...

The community is quite conservative about implementing new stuff
in D.

Look at for more info:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/sapqaonpjseeykdczmvw@forum.dlang.org?page=1
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ot1q8b$23pt$1@digitalmars.com?page=1

BTW: I decided to make my own language rather than forcing the
community to implement something what I would like to see in the
lang. https://github.com/Rikarin/Rin