D as a betterC a game changer ?

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Sat Dec 30 23:47:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 23:04:21 +0000, Nicholas Wilson wrote:

> I can hear him already, "Post it on buzzkill or it won't get fixed!"

He does have a point. At work, people often email me directly, or stop me
in the hallway, to report things that belong on the issue tracker. I
consistently tell people that if I don't fix something the same day, it
likely isn't going to happen unless it's on the issue tracker, yet again
and again they'll tell me of a problem in person, quite often when I've
left my organizer in my office.

There is an official method of dealing with bugs, so that needs to be the
system used, and consistently used. If the current system is insufficient,
it should be improved or replaced, but you can't run reports from IRC or
the NG.