D as a betterC a game changer ?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Dec 31 01:23:14 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 at 21:40:29 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

> This is not true. I was at DConf one year (can't remember
> which) and I watched the representative of one of D's larger
> corporate users do everything but actually get on his knees and
> beg Walter to make a breaking change. IIRC they demonstrated
> their work around for the missing change a couple of DConf's
> later.

Are you referring to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinkkD6Pt34

We don't all need to be that "ruthless with memory efficiency" (
e.g.I have 24GB of memory on my desktop pc! GC kicks in at
what...20MB??)

But some really good points were made nonetheless, and I enjoyed
the perspective he offered.

> Let's fix the crap we have now. It'll take a while, it's not
> sexy, and it certainly won't make headlines on HN or Reddit.
> But it will have the effect of combating the biggest negative
> that D has to adoption. The perception of instability.

A little overstated perhaps.. I certainly would not be using the
word 'crap' or 'instability' describe the current state of D.

But D could benefit from some focused tender love, and care ;-)