syntax sugar: std.path::buildPath instead of from!"std.path".buildPath

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 15 08:20:30 PST 2017

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:56:00 +0100, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Your documentation is an improvement but it doesn't help when reading
> the source code.

For me, it almost entirely obviates reading the source code. I only need
to read it if I'm trying to modify it, at which point I'm already
committing to spend at least thirty minutes on it.

The greatest annoyance is if I have to read through several files of
phobos sources just to figure out why there's no matching overload for
this function call that looks right to me. This doc improvement means I
only have to go to dpldocs.info (which I'm probably already at), search
for the term, and click a few times. I don't have to pull out grep, peer
myopically through the pages of results, and figure out which ones are the
definitions of the template constraints I need.