Allocators and Containers

Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 16 19:05:04 PST 2017

On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 15:48:44 UTC, Jack Stouffer
wrote:
> The current std.containers design was not designed with
> allocators in mind. The current plan is
>
> 1. DIP1000, which adds safety checks for escape analysis to the
> language, must be completely implemented in order to have @safe
> containers
> 2. A new containers design will be submitted to
> std.experimental to eventually replace the current one

This is very useful information. Is there a thread or document
describing this further? I'm not looking for hard decisions. Just
that it's useful to have bigger picture view of what is on the
horizon. If there's nothing readily available, perhaps a talk at
DConf?

--Jon