Step into in debugging.

ANtlord via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 22 06:23:02 PST 2017

On Monday, 20 February 2017 at 13:55:57 UTC, ANtlord wrote:
> Hello! I care for project DCD. I've wanted to fix some issue in
> it very long time ago. But when I get a little bit of free time
> I encounter one big problem for me.
>
> I can't debug it using GDB. I can't go through call stack
> because I get a number of issues. Long story short I've decided
> to solve them one by one and I really need community's help.
>
> First of them. I can't make `step into` staying on this code
> line
> https://github.com/ANtlord/DCD/blob/master/src/server/autocomplete.d#L341.
> What I do:
>
> 1. I compile DCD project using dub with dmd `dub build
> --compiler=dmd --build=debug --config=server --parallel`
> 2. I run `gdb <path/to/dcd-server>`. I do it from project root
> directory always `gdb dcd-server`.
> 3. Inside gdb. I do `break autocomplete.d:341`
> 4. Inside gdb. I do `run -p 6767` where `-p 6767` is DCD
> parameter.
> 5. I launch dcd-client with parameters for calling desirable
> code `dcd-client  --port 6767 myfile.d -c 53`. File `myfile.d`
> consists of `void main(string[] args) { int[] asd = [4,2];
> asd[0]. }`. Yes, it has one line.
> 6. Inside gdb. I stay on desirable line and I do `step`.
> 7. Inside gdb. I am ended up in
> `/usr/include/dlang/dmd/std/typecons.d:6097` instead function
> `generateAutocompleteTrees` called on the line.
>
> I attach this screenshot to be clear
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i2hmbvqwdvopur/Screenshot_20170220_214526.png?dl=0
>
> Thanks.

My bad again. It appears I have a smaller knowledge that I think.
I'm ended up in typecons because `allocator` is made by template
`scoped` returns instance of internal static struct `Scoped` and
it has alias is asigned to method `Scoped_payload` and this is
called on
https://github.com/ANtlord/DCD/blob/master/src/server/autocomplete.d#L341.

SOLVED