Voting for std.experimental.checkedint

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 26 01:53:42 PST 2017

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 at 09:41:46 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 February 2017 at 15:21:10 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 02/25/2017 10:17 AM, rumbu wrote:
>>> A lot of bloat code for something extremely basic.
>>
>> If you can do it with less code, I'm all ears. Thanks! --
>> Andrei
>
> This was not about coding skills, was about usability. The
> module contains too many options and failure scenarios instead
> of a simple default behavior.
>
> Considering that in most languages with integrated overflow
> checking, the default behavior is throwing some kind of
> exception (Ada, C#, Pascal, Rust, Swift)

If you want a module with a lot less features, the low-level
core.checkedint might be interesting for you:

http://dlang.org/phobos/core_checkedint.html

> this one must be at least [be] highlighted at the top of the
> documentation.

It is now:
http://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_experimental_checkedint.html

If this is still unclear, please submit a PR to improve the docs!
;-)