What are you planning, D related, for 2017 ?

aberba via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 5 00:46:23 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 17:45:36 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:
> On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 15:16:31 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> Write your plan here, and let's take a rendez-vous next year,
>> to check those plans !!

>  - Either implement a pre-existing language for AI and
> scripting (eg. Lisp) or write a new one based on D. Current
> plan for the latter is an ECMAScript and Prolog influenced
> language for general-purpose and AI programming, which either
> can be run from the source code or from a byte-code. This could
> be used in other projects too.

That's awesome. I was thinking about a D-Ecmascript6-like
scripting language for D. Simple clean;

Function declaration:
call () {} // like D without type

class Game {
     call(string name = "Alien"){}
}

Pretty much like a dynamically typed sub-set of D. Ecmascript 6
without all the bloat and quirks.

Will really come in handy for AI and scripting in general
(especially when it can be run from source code).