To use a scripting language or not to use a scripting language?

solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 6 10:31:58 PST 2017

On Friday, 6 January 2017 at 12:42:07 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 6 January 2017 at 09:18:16 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
>> Anyway. Lua would be a reasonable option to integrate. I don't
>> think there's a high-level wrapper for it in D.
>
> check out LuaD:
>
> https://github.com/JakobOvrum/LuaD
>

> I also made my own scripting language which is nice because it
> is self-contained (you can compile from scratch with just two
> files), and super easy to integrate, but it is also slow and
> buggy compared to Lua, so for something serious I'd say take a
> gander at that luad link.

I'm going to check Lua out for more once I get a bit more free
time from work and studying. If it seems good enough, I might
even add an alternative option for it if I decide to write my own
scripting language. I already implemented an event-handling
system in my engine for ease of use on input devices and the GUI
called Concrete (probably I'm going to make a real portable
framework on it as it looks really cool and retro).