Voting for std.experimental.checkedint

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 17 06:37:32 PST 2017

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:39:38 +0000, Robert burner Schadek wrote:

> This is the voting thread to decide if the proposed addition to Phobos,
> std.experimental.checkedint, should be accepted.
>
> To vote, please respond to this post. You have three options:
>
> * Yes * Yes with a single condition * No

Yes.

Most of the time in my code, integer overflow is a bug. I want to defend
myself against bugs. My new code will use checkedint by default (with
some convenience aliases, and with regular integers as an option in the
public interface).

There are some minor documentation changes I would like; I have submitted
a PR.