Voting for std.experimental.checkedint

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 17 11:09:54 PST 2017

Alright some feedback.

It is rather disappointing that Warn and Abort only write to
stderr. Being able to specify the sink would be great. i may want
to log the issue or something.

There is option to throw on error.

Checked!(Checked!(int, ProperCompare), WithNaN) is rather
inelegent. Why not Checked!(int, ProperCompare, WithNaN) ?

get() should not be inout. It returns a value type. const is fine.

Otherwise, the overall design looks pretty solid. Congrats to you
guys. Idealy, I'd like to see these things polished, but I'm
rather pleased to see where this is going.

I'd say yes, modulo the above.