CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 18:17:12 PST 2017

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 at 19:08:42 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> I just fixed the void initialization fail compilation tests.
> By detecting the possibility of returning a void initialized
> field and bailing out.
> dmd testsuite does now compile and pass(!) again.
>
> I also fixed an obscure bug related to the recently introduced
> conecpt of heap references.

Druntime and phobos compile again and pass their respective
unittests.

I also fixed a little performace bottleneck in the function-call
code.
Although it is still far from optimal and can still be speed-up
significantly.

However I would like to get more feature completeness before I am
fixing anymore perf issues, except when they are jumping in my
face :)

Also my ctfe engine still requires utf8 support, for
string-foreach.
Currently there are methods for that in druntime, I hope to
simply call them at ctfe, rather then re-implement them. If
someone volunteers I can provide help to make them ctfeable,
however at the moment my free mental bandwidth is too low to deal
with utf details.

This approach will require the druntime-source containing the
utf8 methods to be present and visible at every compiler run that
uses string foreach.

If you consider this an issue please state why.