CTFE Status

pineapple via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 18:46:16 PST 2017

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 02:17:12 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Also my ctfe engine still requires utf8 support, for
> string-foreach.
> Currently there are methods for that in druntime, I hope to
> simply call them at ctfe, rather then re-implement them. If
> someone volunteers I can provide help to make them ctfeable,
> however at the moment my free mental bandwidth is too low to
> deal with utf details.
>
> This approach will require the druntime-source containing the
> utf8 methods to be present and visible at every compiler run
> that uses string foreach.
>
> If you consider this an issue please state why.

1:

I think it's good to avoid this if possible, though I'm not
fiercely opposed

2:

I wrote this for mach:

https://github.com/pineapplemachine/mach.d/tree/master/mach/text/utf

If you want to borrow code or if I can provide an implementation
meeting different requirements then I am at your disposal.

3:

Can you clarify what string-foreach refers to? Surely not
`foreach(ch; some_string){}`, which enumerates code units and not
code points?