Master thesis

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 3 03:24:20 PDT 2017

> Maybe changing the application domain could give you a better
> dissertation axis for your thesis.
>
> For instance comparing the architecture and implementation
> details of the same game server application implemented in
> languages like C++, Rust, D, Go, Java, etc.
>
> As any web-related application, a game server executable MUST
> be BOTH safe and robust, there is no other choice, it must be
> able to run for days and weeks without crashing, resisting to
> low memory conditions, network saturation, connection attacks,
> etc.

Btw that doesn't mean you should not implement the SDL game
client with these same languages.

I'm just saying that implementing the server side too, with a
simple communication protocol allowing for instance the game to
submit the player highscores, could give you a broader perpective
for the safety and security problems.