Phobos PR in need of review/merge

notna via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 1 05:04:00 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 01:35:31 UTC, Meta wrote:
> Recently, a pull request was closed out of frustration by the
> submitter: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5309
>
> I have asked them to re-submit the PR[1] in question so we can
> try to get it through. It's a mostly trivial change that could
> do with some eyes, comments, and most importantly, somebody
> with merge privileges to actually merge it.
>
> On this topic, I feel like we've been falling behind lately in
> responding to PRs promptly, communicating with submitters on
> what changes (if any) are needed to get the PR into merge
> shape, and actually getting stuff merged (this isn't anything
> new of course). I don't have the data to back me up yet, but I
> am going to try to gather what I can and make a post about it
> sometime within the next month. Any ideas or insights are
> welcome.
>
> 1. https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5515

"closed out of frustration" reminds me on one of my 2-3 pull
requests some time ago - https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/3601

If I remember correct, I've just copied one of the already
existing "Example" entries in that D module and added some text
PLUS the the forum link... and later was surprised about the
upcoming discussion where an example should go

Btw., dfmt (or what ever the tools name was/is), did not compile
on my Windows box at that time. Not sure if if would have done
the "blank line" and "Example goes somewhere else" magic the
right/desired way?!

PS., don't get me wrong, no blaming here, but I had no intention
to learn Git or Github and just thought it would be a pity if the
given example by Vladimir, which btw at that time saved my day,
would be lost in the dark holes of the internet ;)

PPS., never made a pull again and keep all the found forum
treasures in a private places since then :|