VSCode plugins

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 4 19:37:05 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 at 04:49:29 UTC, Manu wrote:
> My feeling is, having 2 very similar plugins is confusing to
> potential
> users, and it undermines user confidence. Ie, users have the
> feeling that
> they're competing hacky things maintained by some guy, rather
> than
> something that's more 'official' with consolidated community
> support.

I have to disagree with this. When I search for plugins and see a
wide selection of completing products, it tells me that the
language has a healthy ecosystem, with a lot of interested users.
This in turn gives me faith in the language, and it's future, and
makes me more comfortable investing time in it. I'm much more
likely to forgive the bugs I find on the grounds that they will
most likely be fixed.

On the other hand, if there was only one plugin, and it was the
"official" plugin, branded with "D Language Foundation" or
"Digital Mars", this would paint a different, yet also positive
picture for me.