Why is phobos so wack?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 9 06:26:31 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 12:56:55 UTC, FoxyBrown wrote:
> return str.join(" ");
> [...]
> Error: template std.array.join cannot deduce function from
> argument types !()(string, string)
> [...]
> simply trying to join a string[] with a separator.

The error message sucks, but you clearly have a string when you
meant string[]. Even the one line of code you posted gives this
away `str` is a singular name.

> modules not always the expected ones. (strip is another one
> that throws me for a loop. I always try trim first... that is
> what everyone else uses, yeah, it's just a name, but then why
> strip?)

strip is used by Python and Ruby too... of the languages i know,
it is about half a half.

BTW if you are ever searching, try my website:
http://dpldocs.info/trim